Here We Grow Again!
Founded in 1975, ASL is a well-established multi-service construction company working in civil construction performing earthworks, site preparation, landscaping, drainage and specialty projects. We are committed to providing an environment that supports professional growth, advancement, and development.
The Controller is responsible for all accounting-related activities including managerial accounting and some finance activities. They will assist in management of the financial and accounting work groups and report directly to the Vice President of Finance
This position is based from our office in Ottawa (Osgoode).
Major responsibilities but not limited to the following:
The Controller is responsible for monitoring & execution of the major accounting functions of the business.
- Manage Office Group & Policies
- Monitor & Manage Available Grants & Subsidies
- Developing expertise in the Company Accounting Software
- Review and Approve Journal Entries
- Asset Management – Acquisitions and Disposals
- Prepare Financial Statements
- Insurance Policy Review & Renewals
- Lead Project Performance Reviews and Provide Analysis to Executive Team
- Manage Inter-Company Transactions & Balances
- Work with Project Managers to Review Project Performance
- Assist in Budget Review Process
- Mentor & Coaching for Finance Team
- Ongoing Review & Monitoring of Internal Controls
- Manage Inventory
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent technical knowledge and process-based approach
- Post-secondary education with finance and/or accounting designation
- 5-10+ years relevant experience in this position
- Designation (CPA) is an asset
- Strong organizational & analytical skills
We offer competitive compensation with pension, health, and dental benefits.
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All application will be accepted in confidence. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ASL respects employment equity and values diversity and inclusion. If you require access accommodations during this process, please include the details with your email we will work with you to make sure your needs are met.
For more information, please visit our website at www.aslcontractors.com