Here We Grow Again!
ASL Agrodrain Limited is hiring a Backhoe Operator.
Founded in 1975, ASL is a well-established multi-sector civil construction company performing Earthworks, Residential Development, Landscaping, & Environmental / Conservation projects. We are committed to providing an environment that supports professional growth, advancement, and development.
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable backhoe operator to join our drainage team.
This position is field based primarily in Eastern Ontario from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with competitive wage based on experience.
Major responsibilities but not limited to the following:
- Drive and manipulate the bucket of a backhoe to dig and move earth, sand, gravel or a combination of these materials
- Observe and understand coloured flags and ground markings indicating the location of underground utilities and structures
- Work with others in order to complete the job successfully and safely
- Conduct daily equipment inspections reports on equipment before use
- Assist with general labor duties when needed
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 2+ years’ relevant experience in this position
- Experience in drainage, tiling and irrigation an asset
- Strong work ethic
- High initiative, integrity and ability to function effectively as a team player
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean Driver’s Abstract
We offer competitive compensation with pension, health, and dental benefits.
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All application will be accepted in confidence. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ASL respects employment equity and values diversity and inclusion. If you require access accommodations during this process, please include the details with your email we will work with you to make sure your needs are met.