Senior Civil EstimatorOttawa (Osgoode), Ontario
Founded in 1975, ASL is a well-established multi-sector civil construction company performing Earthworks, Residential Development, Landscaping, & Environmental / Conservation projects. We are committed to providing an environment that supports professional growth, advancement, and development
The Senior Estimator reports to the President. They must understand market conditions, work on hand and develop bidding strategies. They are expected to independently prepare estimates from fundamentals and historical data using our suite of comprehensive software. They are also responsible for all other team members involved in the preparation of estimates and all final bid submissions.
The Senior Estimator will be the senior client contact for all estimates finalizing contracts working in conjunction with Project Managers or in some cases the President. There is an expectation that the incumbent will expand on the functionality of our existing suite of software and historical data to streamline the department. They will be a strong contributor to the growth of ASL through their contacts and industry knowledge.
This position is predominately office based with work from home and field visits as required. Typical work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Senior estimating department contact for clients and vendors
• Forecast work on hand and review with Leadership Team
• Analysis of contract documents with recommendations for estimating strategy
• Oversee preparation of and perform quality assurance for all bid quantities
• Estimate jobs independently as well as review final bid submissions for all estimates.
• Work with our team to ensure the creation of preliminary schedules at time of estimate
• Active member of the Leadership Team providing input into overall company strategy
• Manage and organize historical costing information
• 10+ years’ relevant experience with post-secondary education related to engineering
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Natural leader and strong public speaker
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with comprehensive estimating systems & software is considered essential
We offer competitive compensation including company truck, pension, health, and dental benefits.
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All application will be accepted in confidence. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ASL respects employment equity and values diversity and inclusion. If you require access accommodations during this process, please include the details with your email and we will work with you to make sure your needs are met.