ASL provides innovative concepts and execution for environmentally sensitive projects. We have built a sound reputation with local agencies though our experience with habitat construction, pond & creek remediation and in-water works.
Brewer Park Pond Restoration
Richcraft Group of Companies, Ottawa Ontario
The project entailed creating distinct zones, constructing habitat features and connecting the pond to the Rideau River
- 200 Habitat features including inverted root wads, jackstraw log jams, basking logs & sweeper trees
- 2130 x 1400 Arched Steel CSP Culvert
- Salvaging & re-use of 12,000m² of hydric soils
Poole Creek Remediation
Mattamy Homes Inc., Ottawa, Ontario
The project entailed remediation work along a section of Poole Creek.
- Stream bank slope stabilization
- Construction of in-stream washed river stone riffles, root wads and boulder clusters.
- Salvaging & re-use of existing native vegetation
South Barrhaven Fish
South Barrhaven Landowners Inc., Ottawa, Ontario
The project entailed construction of a bypass pond along the Jock River, coupled with various habitat features.
- Minimal disruption to existing vegetation
- Construction of Polypropylene channel liner
- Fish habitat features including brush pile & sunning log features, submerged logs, root wads & native vegetation
Todd SWMP – Outflow Channel
Mattamy Homes, Ottawa, Ontario
The project entailed construction of a 330m outflow channel designed to provide a fish habitat.
- Excavation of 35,000m³ of earth
- Construction of 330m meandering low flow channel within a much wider high flow channel
- Fish habitat features including riffles of washed river stone, boulder clusters and root wads