Founded in 1975, ASL is a well-established multi-sector civil construction company performing Earthworks, Residential Development, Site Development, Landscaping, Forming, Geothermal, & Conservation projects. We are committed to providing an environment that supports professional growth, advancement, and development.
We are looking for a motivated and knowledgeable mechanic to join our team diagnosing and repairing late model heavy equipment. Successful candidates will have a Class D license.
This position is field based in Ottawa on a full-time basis from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. with competitive wage based on experience. A well-equipped service truck is supplied for work purposes. Our shop is located near Osgoode.
Major responsibilities but not limited to the following:
- Maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and diesel systems on a variety of equipment, as well as minor welding repairs
- Performing diagnostic testing to identify the malfunction as well as post-repair testing to ensure it was successful
- Preparation of accurate written repair order sheets and reports
- Interpretation of service manuals, schematics, lube charts, repair orders, etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Post-Secondary Education and a Technician License (421A or 310T) is considered an asset
- 3+ years’ relevant experience in this position
- Caterpillar and John Deere experience would be an asset
- Highly safety conscious and a strong technical background with high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to meet repair deadlines in a fast-paced demanding environment
- High initiative, integrity and ability to function effectively as a team player
- Knowledge of heavy equipment maintenance software along with basic computer skills would be an asset
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License with a clean Driver’s Abstract
We offer competitive compensation with pension, health, and dental benefits.
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All application will be accepted in confidence. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ASL respects employment equity and values diversity and inclusion. If you require access accommodations during this process, please include the details with your email we will work with you to make sure your needs are met.
For more information, please visit our website at www.aslcontractors.com